Wednesday, December 2, 2020

May 2019

Ashton's class was able to be a part of a community choir concert that showcased music from each of the schools. I was able to go and listen to them perform at the high school.

May 2, 2019



I saw this picture on Kaleb's phone and had a good laugh. That kid has the thickest hair you'll ever touch. It's crazy how thick and how much of it there is. The clippers I use to cut his hair will slow down and almost die if I don't go really slow, it's crazy. Here he blow dried it straight up. He has fun playing with it and putting it into pony tails to get a reaction from his siblings.

May 2, 2019


Olivia loves any chance to go to a park and play.

May 7, 2019

Olivia danced to "It's a Jolly Holiday" from Mary Poppins and she did such a great job. She's always been great about smiling on stage when she performs which I love.

May 11, 2019

The teacher wanted a low updo with pinned back curls so this is what we ended up with.






The boys were able to come to the first performance to watch and everyone else came to the second show.





This is part of a cute book Olivia did in school for Mother's Day.

May 13, 2019



My grandparents had a Snow White figurine set just like this one in their house and growing up us grandkids loved looking at it. It even had a wheelbarrow and little shovel. I think it was since it was miniature and Disney and the crystal was really pretty we just all loved it. On May 18th my grandfather passed away and I was able to find a set for on eBay that's the same as the one they had. I love looking at it and it reminds me of all of the memories I have from being at their house.

May 19, 2019


Matt helped chaperone a field trip to the nature center. Olivia's friend Claire was in her class so they loved being together.

May 20, 2019

I barely didn't pass my 1-hour gestational diabetes test so I had to do the 3 hour fasting test. It was early in the morning so Olivia got to come and hang out with me while I waited between blood draws. We had fun playing games, reading and coloring so I don't think she cared too much. Thankfully the 3 hour test came back normal, no gestational diabetes which we figured but had to be sure.

May 21, 2019


I put together a slideshow to be played in the hall at the viewing so I scanned photo's to put in it. Growing up we had dinner every Sunday at my grandparents house, they always came to all of our sports and school events and we always spent so much time with them. Even with my kids we still were having weekly dinner and the last couple of years I would pick up my grandpa after work usually multiple times a week to have dinner at my parents house. It was really hard on the kids when he passed. I think part of it is they're older and understand more and they just have so many memories with my grandparents and specifically my grandfather. It was emotional for Ashton and Olivia after he passed but we know he had been in a lot of pain and at almost 95 he was ready to see my grandma again.

May 23, 2019









My grandpa wanted his service to be just like my grandma's so we did that with the exception of the grandkids singing a musical number. At my grandma's funeral we were all crying so much we knew we couldn't hold it together again so I played the piano instead.



It was pretty cold at that day so the kids were bundling up in blankets.




My brother Nathan is buried next to my grandparents along with my grandparents daughter Susan who passed away as a baby also.






My dad Keith and his brothers Grant, Glenn and Kent.


After the ward had provided a yummy luncheon for us which we were very appreciative of. The boys wore my grandpa's tie and bowtie and Olivia had on a necklace and clutch that was my grandma's. They love having something that reminds them of them.


Even typing this today (12/2/2020) a year and a half after he passed I can say I still think about my grandparents all the time and it's emotional looking at these pictures. One thing I don't think I ever blogged but want to remember is that at my grandma's funeral in Nov. 2012 everyone was leaving to go the graveside. I had to run Ashton back inside the church to go to the bathroom and the only other people inside the building were ladies from then ward prepping the luncheon. I was just outside the bathroom door since Ashton insisted on going in the mens and could hear them talking and a younger girl was saying how she didn't know my grandparents well since they were new to the area. The ladies in there said starting talking about how my grandparents were so involved in their kids and grandkids lives and how important their family was to them and how close we all were. They said that they weren't home much because they were always out with family doing things together like trips. It put a big smile on my face to hear that that's how they are being remembered as by neighbors and friends. It really sums them up, family was really everything to them.

This is the video we had playing at the viewing for people to see.


Belly picture at 29 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy was flying by I felt like. I'm sure it helps that since it wasn't my baby I didn't have to do anything to prep for the actual baby part!

May 23, 2019


Olivia had her end of the year kindergarten western program they always do. It was really cute to watch.

May 24, 2019

She told a joke with another boy in her class during the program.


She also had a dancing part which was my favorite part to watch. The little kids doing their line dancing kicks and steps was really cute.


My parents, sister and aunt and uncle were about to come too.



She absolutely loved kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Dow.


Another quick stay at the cabin. The kids love watching the deer out the windows.

May 27, 2019



It's always nice when the 3 of them can play and hang out without any arguing. For the most part they get along great but they have their moments where they like to push each others buttons, and usually on purpose.




Another day, another craft! She loved this sand art and I loved how easy it was for her to do. She just peeled off the areas she wanted the sand and dumped it on, shook it off and then moved on to the next color. And they turned out super cute.

May 30, 2019



Kaleb has loved taking wood shop class and made this table for his final project for his 9th grade year. I love seeing all the neat things he's made, he does a great job and you can tell he's detail oriented. Well, most of the time he is anyways.




No comments: