Wednesday, December 2, 2020

April 2019

The 5th graders do a report on a famous person (Amazing American) and Ashton chose John F. Kennedy. He loves anything related to history, military, government, so it was a good fit for him. They do everything at school so that it doesn't become a "parent" project which I love. He did everything by himself and did such a great job. Kids from other classes come to learn about all of the different people. 

April 4, 2019



Olivia brought a chapter book to read since she didn't have kindergarten until later. Yes, a kindergartener reading a chapter book, so crazy how well she reads.

We went to my parents for brunch during general conference and we were all snuggled up on the couch after.

April 7, 2019 


Another weekend sledding at the cabin. It was crazy how much snow there still was up there. The kids will usually sled back down to the car from our cabin since we had been leaving the snowmobile at the cabin instead of down in the parking lot. 

April 13, 2019


We did have one issue after the kids headed down where the snowmobile was at the end of our road and wouldn't start up again to park it. I think the engine was flooded. Eventually we (well, really Matt since I was pregnant and wanted to be cautious) pushed it part of the way back and then it finally started again after about 10 minutes which we were grateful for. I'm not sure he could have pushed it all the way back to the cabin. We then walked down to the parking lot where the kids were wondering what took us so long!


This girl loves doing crafts and we keep most of our crafting supplies at my work so that she has stuff to do when she's at work with me. 

April 15, 2019


Me and my love for sunsets! :)

April 16, 2019


Olivia made this bunny on her own one day and wrote a note to the easter bunny on the back. It was really cute.

April 17, 2019



I love when all of our fruit trees start blooming. Our apricot and apple tree weren't blooming and unfortunately the apple tree had completely died which we later found out ants had eaten/dug through all the roots so it just pulled out of the ground. The apricot tree ended up getting a couple of branches with leaves so we left it in hopes of salvaging it.

April 18, 2019


I would shake the trees so that the pedals would "snow" down on her, she loved it.


I think she added one or two more things to her fairy garden too.


The kids had their annual fun run at the school. I think Olivia's favorite part is the snack stations, she's not much for running just for the heck of it.

April 19, 2019



Olivia and a couple of her friends went to see a movie at the dollar theaters. The women in the neighborhood were having a bunco night so the dads took the kids out.

April 19, 2019


Easter morning!

April 21, 2019


Kaleb got an alarm clock that projects the time onto the ceiling and Ashton got a chameleon that changes color depending what surface you put it on. Olivia still enjoys all the little girl trinket toys like hatchimals.






It took so many tries just to get this one decent picture after church. Olivia was complaining about the sun in her eyes so her eyes were closed in pretty much every picture, then the boys always feel the need to make crazy silly faces and not just smile. They sure love to make me work for my pictures!


Olivia changed outfits for Sunday Easter dinner and the egg hunt.


The boys are old enough they get to help "hide" the eggs. They still enjoy finding them and with about 300 eggs there's plenty for everyone.



We hardly ever go to the Cheesecake Factory but my favorite cheesecake they discontinued. It was called Chris' Outrageous Cheesecake. I found a copycat recipe and made it for my birthday dessert since cheesecake is my favorite. It has a bottom brownie layer, a layer of chocolate chip cheesecake, layer of German chocolate frosting, layer of chocolate cake, more German chocolate frosting, chocolate frosting on the sides and top and then mini chocolate chips pressed into the outside. It's just as rich as it sounds but it really combines my favorite desserts into one amazing dessert. This is all that was left after Sunday dinner at my aunt and uncles. I should have taken a picture before. (And I have made it again since!)

April 30, 2019



No comments: