Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October 2016

We spent conference weekend at the cabin listening to the sessions on the radio. Olivia was excited to paint her new tea set. She's a big fan of tea parties.

October 1, 2016

The boys were putting together a Lego cabin.


I love when the leaves start changing colors. My parents, grandpa and sister came up on Saturday and then while the boys went to the priesthood session we went to Heber to hang out and get shakes at Dairy Keen.


The next day all of my dad's side of the family came up for Sunday dinner at the cabin.

October 2, 2016

We celebrated Olivia's birthday and she was excited to blow out her candles.



On her actual birthday she had preschool and she was excited to take treats for her class.

October 4, 2016

Then she had a lunch date with dad.


We went to my parent's for dinner and she opened her presents over there.


She got some Lego's and princess toys.



We let her pick where to go for dessert and she wanted cold stone.


I love decorating for Halloween. I'm not sure if it's because there's a long stretch of no holiday's before or what but it's always fun to pull out the decorations. This is one of my favorites!


The next weekend we went to the cabin for the day and 2 of Ashton's friends came up along with my parents, grandpa and sister.

October 8, 2016

S'mores are always a hit with the kids.



My dad even put up a zip line for the kids to play on.



Love spending time in the mountains.



Matt took Olivia on a date to Nickel Mania and she filled her little coin purse full of change and was so excited to go.

October 10, 2016

I got a call from another mom that Ashton had crashed over the handle bars of his scooter on his way home from school. Poor guy was pretty banged up.

October 11, 2016

We carved and painted pumpkins with my aunt and uncle one evening.

October 13, 2016


Olivia had to take advantage of the fact that they always have about 10 flavors of ice cream in their freezer and have a cone after.





Olivia had fun playing in the leaves as Elsa one evening after Sunday dinner at my parents.

October 16, 2016


Olivia and I went to her preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch.

October 18, 2016

She loved running through the corn maze with the other kids.



After a hay ride she climbed on all of the tractors they had. It was a fun trip even if it was a little cold.


I wanted to take Olivia up the canyon to take some pictures and so we found a place and parked on the side of the road and hiked around the area. (Picture overload but I print this blog into books so I want to have them all in there.)

October 22, 2016







This little girl has so much personality!


Then we drove over to the rocks where I took pictures of her when she was 2 to get a couple more pictures.






She was a trooped smiling for me so much even though she just wanted to climb and explore everything.


Dad took Olivia to McDonald's, her favorite place.

October 24, 2016

For dance before Halloween Olivia chose to wear her Minnie costume since it was a shorter dress she could dance in. She looked cute all dressed up.

October 26, 2016

She had to try on her new vampire teeth.


She had her preschool parade around the neighborhood circle.

October 27, 2016


It's always cute to watch them sing their songs they've learned.


And this was a picture from the pumpkin patch field trip that she brought home.


Total mom fail but Ashton wanted to be Captain Phasma for Halloween. We found a costume at Toys R Us but it was in a box, not the usually costume bag and I think I assumed it was a one size fits most thing. Who know's what I was thinking. Halloween morning Ashton opens it up and says he doesn't think it's going to fit. I looked at it and the box and it was a size 4-6 and barely fit Olivia who just turned 4. (Does it bug anyone else that costumes always run small, I'm always buying 2-3 sizes too big to get the right fit.) Ashton pulled out last years storm trooper costume and Olivia wore the Captain Phasma costume and was his side kick. It all worked out but I felt bad he didn't get to be what he wanted.

October 28, 2016

Ashton was even nice enough to let Olivia color on his coloring page.



I had fun running the treat stations for Ashton's class party.


Kaleb had found a onesie at War-mart for his costume so after school they all dressed up and we went to Matt's work.


The boys like all the candy and Olivia likes all the socializing.


I'm sure I've posted many pictures like this before but I think it's the cutest thing that he'll paint her nails. She's always asking him to paint them.

October 29, 2016

We went to my parents Spanish mission ward for their trunk-or-treat. They even had hot scones being made with different flavored butter's to put on them. Yum!




We already had enough candy before Halloween even came but the kids still went out with their friends. Olivia didn't last too long, too much work walking house to house. :)

October 31, 2016

Kaleb and his friends stopped for a water break and I had to laugh that they were all on their phone's playing a game. Kaleb was the only one without a phone. So different being a kid now with all of this technology. At least they had a fun time trick-or-treating.


I'll end it with more of Ashton's artwork. His teacher will print coloring pages on the back of a lot of their assignments in case they finish early so they have something to do.




No comments: