Monday, December 7, 2009

The Ghost of Christmas Past...

It's always fun (and sometimes embarrassing) to look back. Here's a look at the pictures we've used for past Christmas cards.

Christmas 2003
Photobucket


Christmas 2004



Photobucket


Christmas 2005

Photobucket


Christmas 2006

Photobucket


Christmas 2007

Photobucket


Christmas 2008

Photobucket

Which brings me to 2009. Saturday we decided to take pictures. We meaning us and our tripod (worked for 2007) and so we practiced and took 2 pictures in our living room. We noticed the camera battery was low so we started charging it but after about 10 minutes it was starting to snow. So we figured we could get enough pictures and headed off to Wheeler Farm across the street. It was freezing cold and windy and the camera lasted for only 4 shots. With 2 kids and nobody standing behind the camera to get Ashton to smile this was the best we had with only 4 photo's to choose from. (I know, poor planning with the battery.)
Photobucket
So looking at the 2 "practice" pictures we took in our living room before going to wheeler farm we decided to go with this picture. Every year I think I'll just pay someone to take our picture but they want $200+ for the copyright and I don't have that kind of money.

Christmas 2009
Photobucket

Backtracking....Thanksgiving I didn't take any pictures except for this picture of Kaleb and I in his bed after reading a story.
Photobucket

Did you know Santa even visit's Wal-Mart. The Saturday after Thanksgiving they had free pictures with Santa. Although I didn't want to wait the hour for the photo to print so I took my own. Kaleb was so excited, Ashton on the other hand...not so much. We're getting excited for Christmas! Hopefully I can finish the shopping I have left this week.
Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Ooooh. You guys look like babies in your first picture and I especially 'love' Matt's hair in the 2005 one. I remember that hairstyle...

Mindy Hawks said...

The first few are really cute too, but Your hair is so pretty long!
What a cute family!

Amber said...

It's funny---I actually save everyones Christmas cards they send us. I think one day I might do something for Chrismtas gifts with them. And you know you could always ask your wanna be photographer Amber to take your pictures for FREE!

Carl and Steph said...

These are awesome!

You really did the 2007 shots by yourself?? That one is great!

The Peterson Family said...

They are all so cute! You are so photogenic!

Brenda Fisher said...

You have such a cute family! We are glad that you are in our ward now and we can't wait to get to know you better. Merry Christmas!