- Kaleb's first year in school is coming to an end and I can't believe how fast it has gone. And I can't believe how much he's learned in one year. He's awesome at reading and loves learning how to spell.
- Matt's home today with food poisoning, nasty stuff! Another benefit to liking my steak well-done.
- But, he only has one class left until he graduates! After 8 years of school he's ready to be done. It will be weird not worrying about him doing homework each week.
- Ashton had his first trip to the dentist, no cavities! He was nervous and cried but overall did pretty good for having a stranger look in his mouth.
- Soccer finishes up next week and I have to say I'm kind of excited. I love soccer and watching Kaleb play but I have so many boys on my team that have the attention span of a 2 year old. During a game they'll run off to the playground, or just off the field together to play. And grass, who knew grass fights could be so much fun. It's like they just discovered grass for the first time.
- The basement needs a little more wiring and then it's on to drywall. We've spent the last couple of weekends working on projects in the yard. But we have 3 grow-boxes built for a garden (the plants are still in the kitchen since it's been too cold to plant them) and we planted 2 more fruit trees. We've also been digging up some of the stumps from all the bushes we took out last fall.
- We're getting really excited for Disneyland! Kaleb's been counting down the days since around day 65.
- I saw this article on another blog and loved it. Here's the link. This is my favorite part, "Life is not a race. The only person you are competing against is yourself." It's important to enjoy right now!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Life is speeding along....