Thursday, June 28, 2018

October 2017

We spent the weekend at the cabin and Sunday woke up to a dusting of snow.

October 1, 2017

We love playing games and doing puzzles and apparently Olivia needed her sunglasses for this puzzle.


The sun came out and it was a pretty day in the mountains.


We even drove over to the reservoir and it was the lowest we had ever seen it since buying the cabin. The boys all had a snowball fight before we left.


We went straight from the cabin to Sunday dinner where we celebrated Olivia's 5th birthday! She was really into planning what she wanted and picked out plates and party supplies from the dollar store.

October 1, 2017


My brother and cousin were good sports to wear the party hats.



My aunt was getting rid of Halloween decorations and so Ashton and Olivia came home with lights that they put up in their rooms.




I had to take a picture of her the last time she'd be 4! She's growing up too fast!

October 3, 2017

Her birthday started out with preschool and she was excited to show me the present her teachers gave her.

October 4, 2017

Her birthday request was to go to Olive Garden and Macey's for ice cream. She loves Olive Garden and although she likes pasta the main reason she wanted to go here was for their chocolate milk. :) They even surprised her with a dessert and sang to her.


She wanted to make sure I knew that didn't count as her dessert and that we could still go to Macey's for ice cream so we did.


Selfies with my sister.


I still can't believe my baby turned 5! These are the pictures I posted on Instagram.




For her birthday she took 2 friends to Jungle Jim's to play.

October 10, 2017

They were so cute the whole time and loved running around from ride to ride and playing games. They're so cute together.


Ashton had to dress up like a character from a book he was reading and since almost everything he reads is about history and World War II he was dressed as the soldier.

October 12, 2017

Olivia wanted me to color with her. She loves to color but I think she hates how long it takes to color a whole page so she'll always try to get me to help her.

October 12, 2017

The same lady who does her princess dance camp in the summer does a 1 day Halloween dance camp too and Olivia had a blast. She came home with all sorts of prizes and goodies.

 October 14, 2017

Ashton and Olivia did great in the primary program. I love playing the piano in primary because being around the kids is the best and they're always making me laugh.

October 15, 2017

I fell in love with these Mickey and Minnie Halloween decorations and had to have them. Thankfully at a huge discount because they weren't cheap. (They came out with Santa ones for Christmas but they weren't as cute.)


If you've seen my blog I must not realize how often I take pictures of Olivia sleeping because it's a lot! lol


We helped my parents rake their leaves and the kids had fun playing in the big pile.

October 16, 2017


Here's a short video of the fun they had.


I love seeing Ashton's doodles around the house.

October 18, 2017

As we were leaving church Olivia smacked her head on the wooden trim along the wall and it was hard. I felt bad for her and the triangle shape bruise that quickly formed. She really is my most clumsy kid and runs into things all the time. We laugh about it because Matt is the same way and the two of them make quite the pair.

October 22, 2017

This is sunset picture overload but the sky kept getting prettier as time went on. We had to deliver some mail to the street next to us and the sky was amazing.

October 23, 2017


The glow that lit up the streets was a pink/orange and it looked so pretty and fall like.



Definitely a sunset I didn't want to forget. The whole sky was colorful in both directions.


Olivia dressed up as Batgirl for her dance costume day. Speaking of costumes I never had issues with the boys constantly changing their minds on what to be but Olivia is horrible at it. She said months before she wanted to be Merida so I found a cheap dress on eBay. Then, she saw this costume at Costco and really wanted it so I let her change to batgirl. Well, for her birthday from Matt's mom she got an Elaina dress and wanted to be that too. I told her she could wear batgirl and Elaina for different things but that she was wearing the batgirl that we bought her.

October 24, 2017

Kaleb makes the coolest things in construction class and this cutting board he gave me for Christmas. Matt had taken a picture of it before he wrapped it so that I wouldn't see it

October 26, 2017

We went to my parent's Spanish ward trunk-or-treat and had a fun time. The kids always get lots of candy and there's always a couple there that makes scones with homemade berry and honey butters, yum! Obviously my picture taking wasn't great, it was dark but here's a picture of Matt and I. He had an electric type box around his neck that you would push and it would light up and it played sounds like he was being electrocuted and he really played it up when the kids pushed it. My nephew didn't like it at all.

October 28, 2017

Olivia had her preschool parade and they sang a couple of cute Halloween songs.

October 30, 2017




At Sunday dinner my brother said his chest hurt and it wasn't going away. Not thinking that it could be something like a heart attack at age 32 he figured he would wait and see if it got any worse. By the middle of the night it was so bad he couldn't sleep so my sister-n-law took him to the ER. He was having a heart attack. They had to put a stent in and one of his main arteries was completely blocked. He ended up being in the hospital until Friday, just days before we were all leaving for our cruise and trip to Florida. The doctor's said he could go but if it had been just a couple of days later they wouldn't have let him get on an airplane. 

It was a crazy week and I guess there's something in his blood where it's more "sticky" than most people blood. We're just glad that my brother and sister-in-law insisted on staying at the ER to check it out because they tried to send him home saying he was too young and it probably wasn't a heart attack. They quickly rushed him in to surgery after the ultrasound though. While waiting to go see him there was a pretty sunset outside though.

October 30, 2017

Halloween started with watching Ashton's school parade.

October 31, 2017



I helped out with the class party and was in charge of the craft. We painted tree's using black ink and a straw to make the branches. The kids loved it but not having much time they had to rush to get them done.


Kaleb and Ashton go trick-or-treating with their friends so I didn't see them much unless they stopped by for a break. Kaleb had to have this costume as much as I tried to get him to get something else so he paid for most of it because it wasn't cheap.


Matt and my cousin with his daughter went trick-or-treating and my nephew came too since my brother was in the hospital. I thought Matt's tongue looked creepy sticking out of his mask.


When Ashton's friends came over to trick-or-treat they first mapped out their plan for the evening. It was cute to hear them talking about it and their plan of where to go. As you can see it was a quick drawing. :)


And last is Olivia's picture from the pumpkin patch from her preschool field trip.



No comments: