* Sunday we had a Pioneer Day musical program in sacrament meeting and when everyone stood to sing the The Star Spangled Banner Kaleb stood with his hand over his heart and sang the first verse 3 times in a row. (He doesn't know verse 2 & 3) It made my day.
*Kaleb enjoyed playing coach-pitch baseball this summer. I wish I would have taken a video of him running. He skips randomly when he runs and when you're trying to race to the next base without getting out it's funny and frustrating to watch. We're yelling "RUN..RUN..RUN" and he's running and skipping as if he's in no hurry. (Our neighbors probably think we're mean parents because we would practice hitting in the front yard and then we would make him run laps to get him to run without skipping. Coach-pitch is serious business! :) )
* Finally used a gift card I had to Market Street Grill for a date/temple night with Matt. It had been too long since we had done anything without the boys.
* Went to see Despicable Me on Pioneer Day. I thought it wasn't going to be very good but I was surprised. It was a really cute movie. I definitely recommend it.
* Ashton's starting to love trains. I remember when Kaleb loved anything train related. We've pulled out some of the Geotrax train's for Ashton to play with and he loves it.
* Drywall....ugh! I didn't realize how time consuming it is. And how frustrating it can be. I don't take very accurate measurements at 2AM. The family room part is getting there, it's about 2/3 of the way done. The ceiling was the hardest part and most time consuming so with that done hopefully this weekend we can finish and start mudding. (I say hopefully alot when referring to our basement project...I think it's because I've learned nothing is ever as "quick" and "easy" as I hope it will be.)
* I love the mountains. Silver Lake (up by Brighton) is one of our favorite places to walk around. It's not far for young kids to walk around and it's so pretty, especially in the fall.
* We're Looking forward to our Yellowstone/Jackson Hole camping trip in August. It will be nice to relax a little before the school year starts.
And that's what's been happening with us!