Wednesday, July 18, 2018

January 2018

January started off with celebrating Eli's birthday. We miss him and Olivia loves to talk about him.

January 4, 2018




 We finally pulled it out Olivia's tooth that was hanging on and even though she's smiling you can see the tears in her eyes. She was so scared about it.

January 7, 2018

This is hard to see but her other tooth was already coming in completely sideways which is why the other tooth was so loose. 
[We did find out a couple months later (4/18) that she has an extra tooth there so 3 in that spot which was the reason for a new one coming in so early. The dentist let it grow out a little more and in May (5/31/18) he pulled the second tooth that was coming in sideways. We called it her shark tooth or shark bait. We told her she was lucky to get an extra visit from the tooth fairy!]


Matt took Olivia to see My Little Pony at the dollar movie and she loved it.

January 8, 2018

The boys and I felt left out so we went to get our own treat.


I love this girls imagination and having brothers means we get to see all different types of outfits.

January 9, 2018

Olivia has a love for play dough that my boys never had. She made me an ice cream sundae. I blame a lot of her obsessions on YouTube. My boys never "watched" YouTube like she does.

January 11, 2018

We were shopping and she asked me to take her picture standing on the cart. She loves the camera!

January 13, 2018

Crazy to think this is January and she didn't even need a jacket outside but I wasn't complaining. She was out jumping on the trampoline with her scooter.

January 13, 2018

Matt's hiding his face because he saw me take out my phone. Ashton was giving Matt a head massage and he looked too comfortable.

January 18, 2018

I loved watching Olivia and her friends play dress up. They all had different outfits on at different times and had a blast playing with each other for hours.

January 18, 2018

Olivia had been dying to go sledding so Matt took her over to the park to sled down the hill.

January 20, 2018

Ashton's birthday was on Sunday so he picked where he wanted to get a treat the day before and he chose Roxberry.

January 20, 2018

I can't believe Ashton is 10 years old. He's a sweet boy and very sensitive. He loves to do sweet things for me and loves helping others.

January 21, 2018

He was nice to let Olivia help open his presents. He got some protective gear for his airsoft gun he got for Christmas and he really wanted a new scooter.




They like to pretend they have nothing but love for each other, it lasted for a couple of seconds.


Ashton requested german chocolate brownies again for his cake so that's what we had. It's one of my favorites too so I didn't mind making it.




Matt took Olivia on her field trip to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. He knows he better take a picture or 2 for me so he's good at doing that.

January 24, 2018


After they grabbed lunch and stopped at Cabela's before heading home.


We have a love/hate relationship with pinewood derby cars. Pretty much it's just hate though. Thankfully this was probably our last car we'll ever have to make unless Ashton wants to do it next year since it's always within a week of his birthday.

Ashton wanted a Lamborghini and found what shape he wanted and drew it out. He went with Matt to a neighbors house to cut it all out and sand it to get it ready for paint. After picking out the paint he wanted he helped spray it and it was ready for the wheels. One of the grooves wasn't cut deep enough for the nails for the wheels so he had to chisel it out more. It was all downhill from there. I finally went to bed after Matt working on the wheels for hours and when I woke up in the morning it looked like it had been through a battle. There was glue and graphite everywhere. :)

Thankfully we aren't competitive but I felt bad for Ashton's nice paint job that was all ruined so I took it with me to work and put tape over all the black areas and wheels and gave it a coat of paint again so it at least looked a little better. This was before repainting it.

January 25, 2018

Ashton was happy with his car and it didn't always come in last. :) We aim high! It was a fun night though and the boys all love racing their cars.



I always love seeing all the creative things the boys come up with. This is Ashton with 2 of his friends Baron and Asher.


I guess Olivia was so bored with me putting curlers in her hair one Saturday night that she was taking selfies with my phone. With 9:00 church we were trying different things to help getting ready in the morning easier so I used these foam rollers I've had for years that you twist the ends together. She has so much hair and it's so long that I had to do really small sections to make sure it would be dry by the morning so it took awhile.

January 27, 2018

This was after church that next day. They were definitely ringlet curls but Thankfully with her hair being so long it weighed them down so they weren't too tight.

January 28, 2018


Olivia and Austin love to play and wrestle together. Olivia loves having younger cousins to play with and can get a bit bossy.

 January 28, 2018

This was another blanket fort that Kaleb and Ashton made that they all slept in one night.

 January 29, 2018 

I was transferring some VHS tapes to digital files and sent a screenshot to Matt to show him that some toys never change. That's me on Christmas and I got Candy Land and My Little Ponies both things Olivia loves playing with. If only I had kept all my old toys!



No comments: