Friday, February 16, 2018

January 2017

I would start January by saying I can't believe another year has come and gone and how crazy it is that it's 2017 but I'm typing this in 2018 so...here we are. But yes, time really does go by too fast!

Olivia will even wear her sleep mask just as an accessory. And she always has 1 stuffed toy/doll right next to her to sleep.

January 1, 2017

The problem with getting behind on the blog is that I don't remember where we were when I took this, but they're still cute!

January 2, 2017

We celebrated Eli's 5th birthday. I think about him all the time and we all can't wait until we get to see him again.

January 4, 2017

Olivia is still the queen of dress-up. She was loving her Owlette costume from PJ Masks.

January 5, 2017


It's crazy to watch kids grow up with all of this technology at their fingertips. Olivia talks about wanting to record stuff for a youtube channel to get likes and followers, and when did watching people play with toys on youtube become more fun that playing with toys.

January 6, 2017

We bought new furniture the day before and Olivia had a cough so she stayed home from church. She thought she needed to put every stuffed toy she had on the couch and that it looked better this way.

January 8, 2017

She loves to dance and twirl!


When we went shopping for new furniture for our living room since our couch was literally falling apart Matt found this vase and fell in love. I honestly hated it and thought he would change his mind about it. I told him to think about it and if he still had to have it we could go back for it. I figured I got to pick out everything else he could at least pick out one thing. Unfortunately his love only grew stronger for this stupid vase, or dragon neck as I called it so we bought it. I turned around after he put it in the back and started laughing. He buckled it in and everything, his little baby. 

January 9, 2017

He never gets too excited about anything to do with decorating so I let him have this and he still loves  it even though I still give him crap about it. (And I shoved it in the corner so it doesn't bother me too much.)  :)

We bought the couch and chairs from At Home and the side table, wood slab tables and end table from World Market. We have wanted a wood slab coffee table for over a year but they're really expensive, like $1,000+ expensive so we found this one at World Market for a fraction of the price and on sale and we super excited about it. Originally we bought just one wood slab table but when we got it home we realized the box was much bigger than the actual table. It looked too small so we figured we would get one more. The store only had 1 left and they weren't going to get them back in stock for 3 months so we took it even though I would have liked something more the same shape as the other one. But they're all unique and different and I still love them.

January 10, 2017

I want a wool rug for in here but the one I like is not in my budget so we went with a cheap indoor/outdoor rug from At Home until I can find a good deal on a wool rug big enough for the space.





Matt and I went on a date to a That Paint Thing couples paint night at Brick Oven and had pizza and painted a heart picture. I was impressed with Matt's painting skills, I thought we both did pretty good.

January 13, 2017



Pinewood Derby is always in January and Ashton wanted a Minecraft car. I helped draw the boxes on the car and it was tedious getting them all painted but it turned out pretty good.

January 17, 2017

Whenever this girl can get her craft on she does, she loves painting more than anything.

January 18, 2017

Silly girl having me take pictures of her being silly.

January 19, 2017

We're never the best as far as the fastest car but his car looked cool. He glued on 2 Minecraft figures for the race.


Ashton turned 9 years old!

January 21, 2017

He loves computer and video games, what boy doesn't. And is very mature and polite for a boy his age. We're very lucky to have him. He's definitely our instigator that likes to push his siblings buttons and annoy them but they get him back. :)


Later that day we built a snowman in the yard. It was sunny and the perfect weather for it.


The next Sunday at dinner we had a cake and celebrated Ashton's birthday with family. He wanted a Star War's cake.

January 22, 2017


Matt took him to use his free birthday meal from Famous Dave's since it's one of his favorite places to eat. Anything with lots of meat he loves.

January 24, 2017

Matt took Olivia to her preschool field trip to the Museum of Ancient Life. They had fun looking at all things dinosaur and stopped for lunch after.

January 26, 2017

Olivia loves Minecraft like her brother's and tries her hardest to figure out how to play it. They're very patient with her (most of the time) to help her out.

January 26, 2017

She stuck play dough to her forehead and wanted a picture.

January 27, 2017

Always painting her nails and it's always multiple colors, one is just too boring for her.




No comments: