Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 2016

It's kind of fun blogging the same month we're in of the previous year. I get to see what we did this same time last year!

We started off our holiday weekend by going to the Oakley Rodeo again but this time there was a big group of us. We had dutch oven potatoes and roasted s'mores before heading to the rodeo. Whenever I'm hosting I usually don't get a chance to take many pictures because I'm too busy running around.

July 2, 2016

The rodeo was fun although it was a little long for Olivia's liking.


Ashton was sitting by a girl his age and it was cute watching them talk to each other. And he's wearing my sister's jacket, it was surprisingly cool after the sun set.


They ended with a firework show and then we made the drive home that night.


The next day, Sunday, after church Matt took the kids back up to the cabin after church because Matt's parents were hosting grandkids week there. So he got them all settled in and headed back home.

July 4th without our kids was pretty low key. We skipped the parade and later went to a movie and had a bbq at my aunt and uncles. So I just realized that we wore the same exact shirts for the 4th this year too! I don't really wear red (not sure why) and so this is the closest I get to patriotic colors and I'm not sure why Matt picked the same shirt, kind of funny.

July 4, 2016

Olivia and Matt were playing catch outside for a long time and laughing and having the best time. I took some pictures and video from behind the window, it was the cutest thing. She really is wrapped around Matt's finger.

July 11, 2016

Kaleb was at a weeklong camp from July 11-16th in the Uinta's at Broadhead Meadows. I like that both of the boy's scout leaders take pictures and share them with the parents. It's fun to see what they do.

July 11, 2016




For the first time since we planted our fruit tree's we had a huge crop of everything. We had so many apricots that I made 70 jars of jam and we dried about 100 more. I've never dried them and I forget they're really bitter unless you sweeten them so that was a bust. The jam turned out amazing and we had plenty to share with neighbors and family. In fact, I still have about 10 jars left! It was my first time making homemade shelf stable jam and so I'm glad it turned out well. This picture shows about 1/4 of the apricots we picked from our small tree.

July 11, 2017

After making a batch of jam we headed up to pick up Kaleb from his scout camp since we were going to go to the cabin and would be crossing paths. We found them hanging around the Provo River Fall's so we explored with the kids for awhile.

July 11, 2017


We then went to the cabin and there was a moose in the driveway of the cabin across from us eating the trees.



Later the same day there was a moose and deer right by our fire pit. We always see so much wildlife at the cabin and we love it.



My nephew Christian was moving to Florida for awhile so we took a selfie together before they left. He's such a happy, smiley boy.

July 17, 2017

Another [HOT] season of coach pitch came to an end. Ashton does really good at hitting and there was only 1 time all season he didn't hit off his pitches and that was more due to the pitches being all over the place. 

July 19, 2017

I was kind of sad he didn't want to play again this summer but once I remembered how miserably hot baseball in July is I got over it. :)


We stayed to play on the playground after his game for awhile. Olivia would usually play during the games since she could care less for baseball.


The kids enjoy fishing, at least for a little while. Matt and I aren't fishers but our kids are always asking to fish so Matt helped them try to fish at the reservoir. I say try because we of course didn't catch anything and they didn't last long before they were done.

Olivia just loves casting with her princess pole over and over again as fast as she can reel it in.

July 23, 2016

The picture of Olivia fishing reminded me of this picture of Kaleb when he was also 3 years old. Hard to believe this was 10 years ago.


The fake plastic fish on the end of Olivia's pole broke off as she was casting it so Matt had to fix her pole.


Kaleb enjoyed paddling around in his kayak and then tried fishing for awhile.


After about 10 minutes Olivia had enough fishing and decided to chase some ducks instead.


We went back to the cabin after "fishing" and had a yummy dinner.


I left that night to head home since I had to be at church but the kids stayed at the cabin with Matt. It was a holiday weekend so they stayed until Monday. I stayed home to get some stuff done around the house. They tried fishing in the river just under the bridge in our subdivision and had much better luck. The kids were excited to catch their first fish.

July 24, 2016



I really wanted to get my screws out from my hip surgery and so at my 6 month follow-up appointment we scheduled to have them out. I felt like I could feel the head of one of them which was uncomfortable at times and I also didn't want them in the rest of my life if they didn't have to be. We had to be there at 6am on Tuesday.

July 26, 2016

The surgery was quick and I came right to and felt fine so as quickly as I could get dressed and get out of there we left. No point in paying a lot of money to stay in recovery if I could go home since they charge for every 15 minutes you're there and it's not cheap. Olivia wanted to paint her toes and wanted to paint mine too so Matt helped her. Matt let her pick the colors so I ended up with a different color on each toe which he thought was hilarious because he knew I wouldn't be able to do anything about it for a few weeks so I was stuck with it. This also shows the 5 screws they took out of my hip. The longest one is probably 6-7 inches in length.


They were fighting a wildfire at the reservoir and so we could only use the far end of the lake to kayak and play in because the helicopter was going back and forth dumping water on the fire.

July 30, 2017



My parents and sister will come up quite often on Saturday's with us to the cabin and this time my brother's family came and also my aunt from Idaho and her son and both of my grandpa's. They were feeding the ducks for awhile which the little kids enjoyed.


We had tinfoil dinners, one of our favorites. We've pretty much perfected our tinfoil dinners over the years. We use chicken (usually rotisserie), roasted seasoned red potatoes (found at Smith's) and mixed veggies, seasonings and then add cheese after they're done.


Everyone left after s'mores that night and we stayed until the next morning. It started raining and it was fun to watch the storm move over us. We love relaxing at the cabin and it's good to get away from all the electronic's and enjoy being together as a family playing games and exploring together.



No comments: